Maximize Your Dental Implant Results with a Sinus Lift
If you are getting dental implants, Dr. Fred Eck may recommend a sinus lift as part your treatment plan. Since successful dental implant placement requires having enough bone available to support the implant, some patients need a sinus lift to make more bone accessible during the procedure. In some cases, we need to perform a sinus lift when you have lost upper teeth from periodontal disease and also lost bone tissue in the upper jaw. The goal of this procedure is to add bone to the upper jaw area.
How a Sinus Lift is Performed
This procedure involves lifting the sinus floor in some cases, and filling some of the sinus area with bone grafting material. This creates a thicker, sturdier sinus floor to accommodate for the base of the dental implant.
The process involves:
- Making a small incision in the gum tissue to expose the jawbone
- Cutting away a small section of bone and pushing it into the sinus
- Filling sinus membrane with bone grafting material
- Stitching gum tissue back in place
- Placing a dental implant after a healing period
The Benefits of a Sinus Lift
A sinus lift can greatly improve the success rate of your dental implant procedure because it ensures the implant has a solid and sturdy base for the fusion part of the procedure. The healing time can range from six to nine months but may be shorter, depending on your oral health. Dr. Eck uses only high-quality grafting materials for this procedure.
Benefits of this procedure include:
- Adds necessary bone for implant support
- Restores bone loss after gum disease
- Replaces lost bone after tooth loss and bone reabsorption
- Reshapes and resizes sinus cavity
Bonita Dental Care Proudly Offers Services
Bonita Springs, Naples, North Naples, Estero, San Carlos Park, Fort Myers and All Surrounding Areas